For some reason, when the player moves straight in one of the cardinal directions, the character controller leaves the model behind. When the player looks away from the cardinal direction, the model snaps back to the controller. Any way to fix this?
Replicating is fairly easy.
1. Install GC and Cinemachine.
2. Create a new player. Apply the FPS Model and set the movement style to face camera direction.
3. Add empty object under the armature's head bone.
4. Create a virtual cam. Have it hard locked to the empty object's transform.
5. Use the POV aim component.
6. Walk around. Notice while facing close to cardinal directions, the movement appears to get smooth and slows down. When you look away from the cardinal direction, you will snap forward.
I also noticed that this only works when the pitch of the camera was facing close to the horizon. Looking too high or too low doesn't cause the issue.
For whatever reason, this doesn't happen if both the scene view and game view are showing. If you pause during this weirdness and check the scene view, you can clearly see the controller moving ahead of the player's model.
Customer support service by UserEcho