Sorry for the double post, accidentally hist submit before writing my text.
I have Game Creator and the Shooter Module.
I'm trying to get something to work. I'm building a top-down game for mobile that also changes to FPS when using a sniper rifle crosshair. However, I'm using an orthographic main camera in order to create my isometric top-down look, which means when I switch to FPS motor it looks all wonky because the main camera isn't a perspective camera. So if possible, I'd like to know how to do a few things:
- Main camera is orthographic. Top-down motor is the starting camera. When I switch to the FPS motor with the switch camera action, the orthographic camera is wonky. However, if I set the FPS motor to "set camera properties", and change it to perspective when FPS motor is on, then the camera change doesn't work at all. It seems that going from orthographic to perspective during runtime seems to cause an issue. So I'd like to either be able to change from ortho to perspective if possible, and I'd also like to know how to change which camera is my "main camera". Can I have a camera set as the FPS main camera and another for the top-down one, with their camera motors connected respectively, that I switch between when aiming my sniper rifle/crosshairs.
- How do I disable player movement/input during runtime? I'd like to disable walking controls when the player is zoomed in.
- Is it possible to change the mobile touch joystick to affect the rotation rather than the position of the player? When scoped in and in FPS mode, I want to set the mobile joystick to control where the player is aiming, rather than moving the character/walking. And I also want to disable the rest of the screen from controlling where the player is aiming like it normally does on mobile since now the joystick is taking over.
- Can I independently set the position of a weapon when at ease vs when aiming. I'm using the ease state as essentially a holster state, since I only have one weapon at a time and I want the model to be visible all the time. However, when using the sniper rifle, I've set the position to look good while aiming, but when at ease the player just holds the rifle with one hand and swings it around while running, which looks odd and makes the barrel clip through the player/floor. So when the player is holding a weapon at ease like the sniper rifle, I want it to appear on his back or other position, separate from where it is while aiming.
- When a run the holster weapon action, the animation runs very slow (takes 3-4 seconds to compete) however when playing the actual animation file it's clear that it only lasts about a second. Any reason why this animation might be happening so slowly? Anyway to change the speed of the holster animation at runtime similar to other gestures like waving?
- When using the tween camera, what's the best way to set up a long shot that goes in multiple directions? As in, tell the camera to go from position A to B to C to D to E. I'd imagine one way would be to setup multiple tween cameras going A to B, B to C, C to D, D to E, but I'd like to know if there's a better/faster way to quickly animate a longer cutscene.
- Anyway to control post processing effects during runtime? For instance, changing the focus distance for the depth of field during a tween camera animation.
Sorry for the wall of text, but these are some issues I've run into and I'm sure there's probably a simple way to fixing them that I just haven't noticed. Really great product so far, very happy with the purchase!
Customer support service by UserEcho