Root motion bug when using Gestures or States.
- I have a climb animation clip from Mixamo.
- I converted to humanoid as Mixamo uses generic.
- I had converted with unity and your Animator converter, both with same result.
- I then added a trigger that activated root motion and then played the animation and it worked but the input controller using the arrow keys just spins the player around, as if it were on a directional joypad. Even after deactivation root motion, same problem.
I then decided to use root bake in pose in the animation itself and leave out root motion.
- This worked and the controller worked normally but after the climb animation finishes it jumps back to where the player started from.
- I tried to use then a teleport to the last upper position where the animation ended and this works but still the glitch of the player springing back to its original position first is bad.
I thought it would be a good idea to get the position/rotation of the player at the end of its animation climb and then set the player directly afterwards to that position. So I can carry on from that position controlling the player.
- How do I get then the position of the player? I found no action for that.
Example: the player runs to a wall and when it hits a trigger it plays the climb over animation and is then standing on the wall. I correct the actual positioning if this animation in uMotion so it matches perfectly. My problem is that it either jumps back to the player position after the animation is finished or using root motion the controller is broken afterwards.
So please, please help here.
I also bought your Behavior add-on in the sale and will be buying shooter shortly. I buy a lot of assets, so I will wait to see what soon will be offered on the black Friday sales. If your assets are all on BF sale at the end of this month I will be buying all of them straight away.
Thanks from Chris
Customer support service by UserEcho